KC Soil tagged me with a meme. So, here goes:
1. One book that changed your life.
Nisa: The Life and Words of a !Kung Woman by Marjorie Shostak. This was the first ethnographies that i read in my first anthropology class. it helped me to conclude that anthropogy was the most thrilling major...to me.
2. One book you have read more than once.
Larousse de Poche, french dictionary (ok, not cover to cover, but when my geeky side sneaks out, i really do love flipping through it)
3. One book you would want on a desert island
hmm, something hi-larious....
4. One book that made you laugh
Me Talk Pretty One Day
5. One book that made you cry
The Color Purple
6. One book you wish you had written
The Poisonwood Bible, because it's brilliant
7. One book you wish had never been written
My precal textbook from grade 11.
8. One book you are currently reading
i'm just about finished...
Cunt: A declaration of independence (this book could also go for #1, i learned so much from it, i wish i could make it required reading for, well, pretty much the entire continent)
9. One book you have been meaning to read
New News Out of Africa (as of reading kcsoil today)