Monday, March 09, 2009

Premio Dardos

Beth just passed on one of those virtual awards to me, "And who blogs better about her ethical and personal values than Leena ? She's beautiful and truly good person." Thanks beth!

Premio Dardos means "prize darts.” This award acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his or her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values every day.

Step 1: Respond and rework — answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.
Step 2: Tag other bloggers to do the same.

Here are the questions:
What are you wearing right now? brown cords, and a robin's egg blue sweater with an ani difranco tshirt under it.

What part of your house never gets cleaned? i'm not great at dusting. and right now my desks a mess with research papers.

Do you nap a lot? yes, i LOVE naps. at least a few times a week.

Who is the last person you hugged? kunga

What websites do you visit when you go online? gmail, blogs, webct for school work, lately the university library and JSTOR and other search engines for anthropology journals and research texts, yoga journal.com

What was the last item you bought? I bought groceries on saturday- free range eggs, spinach, grapefruits and echinachia for my cold.

What’s the last book you read? Struggling with Destiny in Karimpur, about caste, gender and structural inequalities in an Indian village, reading it for anthropology of India.

If you could go to the Oscars, who would you want to sit next to? I'm with, beth, not too into going to the oscars...

What did you last eat?: an omlet with mushrooms, peppers, spinach and goat cheese, and fried potatos with rosemary and thyme. mmm mmm mmmmmm.....

What is one skill you wish you had, but don’t: I wish i had more patience.

What was the last movie you watched? Slum Dog Millionaire

What is the luckiest thing that ever happened to you? Being born into the family I have.

If you had a whole day to yourself; no work, commitments or interruptions what would you do? make delicious food, practice yoga, and walk in the park.

Is there a major goal you have that you haven’t yet achieved? Yes, many. i'm only 21 here.

Where did you meet your spouse/partner/bf/cat? In a yoga studio.

What is something that those in blogland might not know about you? I hated mushrooms until last july, i don't know what was wrong with me. This year i've been making up for those 20 years sans mushrooms and I sauté them up and put them in as many dishes as i can think of. still haven't ventured to incorporate them into a dessert...

What Countries have you visited as an adult? The USA, Canada, Burkina Faso, Senegal and England, Paris for one day.

Would your rather give up salt or sugar? sugar, i could never give up kettle chips with sea salt and black pepper... as long as i can still have maple syrup!

What do you do to relieve stress? breath, do yoga, take naps, and go on walks.

What is your first clear memory from your childhood? Walking out of my room one morning and seeking my dad shaving off his mustache in the green bathroom. I was traumatized.

As this is supposed to be a cultural award, what is the most recent piece of painting or sculpture that really impressed you? I love my roommate Christina's paintings, she's working on a website right now, not sure if its up yet. www.christinavanelli.com. Also think angie's scultpures sound brilliant, but i haven't seen any recent ones yet!

What is the last piece of music that you heard and what did you think of it? Craig Cardiff, love love love him. he played at UW last week and I've been listening to him non-stop since. His voice is like dark chocolate and sea salt. also loved the goofy opener for Craig named Mike Evin, he plays the piano and sings silly songs like "(all i wanna do) is brush my teeth with you," love love love him. he's from montreal, of course. 

Who will I tag to receive the honor after me?
I'll chose MAWG because i'm his favorite daughter. and uncombed threads and herbacious babe because i love reading their insights, but like me they haven't been blogging enough lately.

Thanks again beth!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I loved it! It's all so.. Leena!