pure and natural cures
the last 10 days i've had a sinus infection that turned into bronchitis. i spend 3 solid days in bed, sleeping 20+ hours each and coughing the remaining hours of the day. but i think i'm on the mend, due to strictly following my naturopath's orders given over the phone tuesday. today i only slept 12 hours and coughed less than 1 hour! tomorrow i'm hoping might be able to go to work a bit.
here's what the naturopath recommends for upper-respiratory infection and bronchitis:
- Homeopathic remedy Pulsatilla 200CH or K, esp when there is yellow and green mucous
Herbs, preferable in tincture, 3 times a day, away from food in a little water.
- Mullein 30 drops
- Coltsfoot 30 drops
- Marshmallow 10 drops
-Slippery Elm lozenges or powder mixed into tea
- Vit C, up to 1000mg every hour.
- lots of echinachea, tea and tablet
- Eucalyptus and mint vaporized, and also rubbed on chest and back 3x/day.
- Thyme and sage infusion
- For swollen lymph glands- Genstra’s Lymphogene
- sleep sleep sleep
(note, this was her recommendation for me personally. i am not handing out general naturpathic advice here, it might be totally different in another patient!)