Tuesday, January 08, 2008

to procrastinate= “tergiverser”

When I’m avoiding doing work, one of my favourite outlets for procrastination is looking at anthropology grad schools. I know I know, I’m a total geek. But it makes me really excited to see all the interesting programs out there and dream a bit of being part of one. Tonight, rather than take notes on my actual anthro readings I was poking around and found a very exciting program at Michigan State University. (btw what’s Lansing like, is it an alright city? I don’t think I’ve ever been). You do your graduate degree in Anthropology, but you can have a specialization in some very interesting interdisciplinary programs. The one that makes my mouth water is the graduate specialization in Gender, Justice, and Environment . Sounds like a perfect fusion of my three major academic interests- culture, environment and gender!

I really do need to get my focus on here though. Two tough McGill anthro courses every morning, French classes from 5:30-10 Mon-Thurs evening and my part-time job at Maison de l’Amitié will keep me on my toes for the next two months. No chance to wallow in the winter weather (which is ridiculously springy at the moment).

No comments: