Sunday, September 21, 2008

Yoga Teacher Training reflection assignment...
6. Opening to Grace
Every day Grace is happening in big and small ways in our lives, through blessings, guidance, coincidence, synchronicity, moments of inspiration, etc. Write about two events that occur in the time span of Module 2 where you are aware of Grace in your life.

September 21, 2008
Since I’ve moved back to Waterloo at the beginning of September, it’s been really great reconnecting with old friends here. However, I’m connecting with new people in university classes, in yoga classes, even on the bus in ways I hadn’t for years.
I remember when I was a child I made friends so easily- I would meet someone on the playground or on a camping trip with my family and instantly have a new playmate.
But somewhere between then and now, I became hesitant and scared of meeting new people, I was closing inwards.
However, something shifted during the my YTT. I feel much more open-hearted and less afraid of people and of making friends. In the YTT I discovered how we're not all so separate as I used to think. Connecting with others just starts with an open-heart and a smile. It something that takes practice for me, but its become more effortless again, like it was when I was a child.

No comments: